Sunday, February 15, 2009

That's Amore!

Bon Jour my brothers and sisters. My name is Pierre, and I am how do you say? A were-skunk. I stand before you a broken man. For I have seen love, and she has slipped through my fingers. It was a beautiful morning yesterday, crisp and clean, like so many mornings I remember growing up in Gay Paris and Amore, she was in ze air.

I decided to take a walk down town. I wasn’t ze only one enjoying ze stroll. Many couples walked hand in hand celebrating zis most French of all American holidays, Valentines Day. As one who has studied ze ways of love and ze wily nature of ze most dangerous game, woman, I wondered when cupid might draw back his bow and strike my heart.

As I pondered ze lonely nature of a man such as I, Cupid struck. Outside of ze local zeatre, a crowd was exiting ze afternoon matinee of some show called Cats and in ze middle of ze rush of people I saw her. She was tall and gorgeous. A classic beauty. Her hair was black with two large white stripes running down her back. Surely zis creature was made just for me. I had to admire such boldness to be out in a crowd in her transformed state. I felt my heart swell and I decided zen zat I shall lover her with such passion to equal zis boldness. I knew our love would be ze stuff of legend.

I immediately transformed into my fabulous skunk self and bounded over to her. Ze crowd scattered in awe of ze power of my love. My Princess stood zere shivering with the fear of ze destiny zat waited us. Her eyes welled with ze tears of passion. I embraced her, bent her over backwards, looked lovingly into her deep pools of blue zat were her eyes and planted a long passionate kiss zat would make Aphrodite herself blush.

She looked back at me and screamed ze scream of love and ran away.

“Ahhh Mon Cherie, you want to play hard to get” I said.

“Pierre LeStinc will go to ze ends of ze earth for you!” I yelled at her.

I chased her through buildings and alleyways yet she continued to elude me. I would have my love and she will know ze true meaning of passion.

I soon had her cornered in a dead end alley. I approached her and whispered all ze sweet things we would do togezer. Her whole body shook with anticipation. I soon had her in my loving embrace. She started to struggle. She obviously wanted to keep ze game going I thought.

When all of a sudden a little white girl with blonde hair popped out below me and I was left holding an empty cat suit with spilt paint running down ze back of it.

I realized zen zat Love, She is a fickle creature and zat true love was not to be mine zis day.

Cupid-You hear me know, I will be waiting for you next year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah the sweat smell of love. Pierre, I wish you well.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, love is great once you find the right woman! Best of luck, man.

Anonymous said...

I know my love is out zere. Her scent glands call to me.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Pierre... I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing your tail.