Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Conspiracy Is Real?

Look, I was never one for conspiracy theories and crazy talk like that. Now don't get me wrong, I've seen some crazy stuff in my time. Especially ever since I got bit by what turned out to be a were-dog while on a sight-seeing tour in Italy. But that has all been more of an opening of my eyes to parts of the natural world that I chose not to believe until it was thrust upon me.

I just never believed in some far reaching conspiracies. They are usually just to complex and the idea that hundreds of people could work together and keep it all completely under wraps. It's hard enough for any normal person to keep a secret, but we're talking about politicians who would throw their Grandma under the bus to save their own skin once trouble is on the horizon. If there's a class of people that would be incapable of successfully carrying out the type of conspiracy whispered about on Internet chat boards and the dark corners of coffee shops, it's politicians.

That was until last week.

To give you a little background, after I was bitten and infected with ALPS, I had a bit of a crisis of my person. Everything I had believed about the world went poof with a single bite. So I decided to do some serious soul searching and took off on a trip to find out what it means to be a were-creature. I traveled the world. I met were's from all walks of life and backgrounds. Still unsatisfied I searched out other forms of alliterative life. I eventually ended up in Eastern Europe where I met all kinds of Dark Creatures lurking just outside of civilization. They were both terrifying and terrified. For centuries they ruled man's nightmares but have been relegated to shadows and forgotten memories. They've become nothing more than the subject of old stories that don't even get passed down anymore.

I found them waiting to fade away as the world had passed them by. They stay terrified of a world that no longer needed them and live in the margins that are constantly shrinking as technology and people move forward.

Most I met while scary in form were decent enough. They understood their roll in this world and were just waiting for their fate to be revealed. There were others though who had pure evil coursing through their veins and were waiting for the destruction of mankind so they could take their place back on top.

I remember a particularly horrific mountain troll I ran into in the mountains of Romania. It was both hideous in form and putrid in its motives. A truly disgusting creature and I still count myself lucky I survived our encounter.

So imagine my surprise when I walk past a TV in a store last week and I see the same mountain troll addressing the press regarding a security memo regarding right wing extremist groups. I couldn't believe it. Here was this nasty mountain troll who had managed to become the Secretary of Homeland Security. It had obviously had some work done and put on some make up, but it was the same troll.

This shook me to the core. Can we take the rumors of Dark Creatures infiltrating the top ranks of the government as conspiracy theories from crackpots when the Secretary of Homeland Security is a verifiable mountain troll?

And then the question becomes, is the attempt to marginalize right wingers who are the one group who would stand up for guns and personal liberty an attempt to steer the country left or is it setting us up for an eventual Dark Creature take over by getting rid of the group most likely to resist?

All I know is that I can't discount those rumors anymore.

If you need to get a hold of me, my name is Deep Gullet.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Whoa. That's scary as heck. I never really dug into my ALPS or thought much about other "mythical" creatures. Heck, I really figured the whole thing had a rational scientific explanation. Now you're making me wonder...

Hank said...

You see a mountain troll when you look at the Secretary of Homeland Security? Must be something about knowing the troll before, because I just see this middle-aged woman who's totally out of her depth. Good cover, if this Dark Life stuff is really true!

Deep Gullett said...

The only reason I know she is a mountain troll is because I've dealt with her before.

It was pretty traumatic. If she's the type that have infiltrated the top ranks of our government then we are all in big trouble.

Ellie said...

I never knew trolls liked Monty Python.